Tickets for Schönbrunn Palace Imperial Tour: Skip The Line + Audio Guide
See 22 rooms most associated with Sisi & Franz
- Get right into the heart of Schönbrunn and see 22 rooms decorated in the lush 19th century style as you cover the highlights of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Sisi
- Peek into the life of the Habsburgs - by visiting rooms such as the Great Gallery, the Yellow Salon, the Chinese Cabinets and Franz's very modest office
- Take a stroll through Schönbrunn's UNESCO World Heritage listed sculpted gardens - they've been a hot destination for generations of Viennese
Make the most of limited time at Schönbrunn with this Imperial Ticket. Walk in the footsteps of Empress Elisabeth, and her husband Emperor Franz Joseph I. The enormous complex consists of 1441 rooms, but this tour gives you an audio guide and access to the 22 most closely associated with Sisi and Franz.
The Habsburgs were an all-powerful family, with the tastes to match. Schönbrunn Palace has over 1400 rooms, sprawling gardens yet was originally intended to be nothing more than their hunting lodge - talk about expensive tastes! A visit here can be overwhelming. But if you want to see Schönbrunn, and don't have a ton of time, this might be the ticket for you.
Rather than letting you loose in all 40 rooms that are open to the public, this Imperial Tour focuses on two of the most popular members of the Habsburg dynasty: Emperor Franz Joseph I and his wife Empress Elisabeth.
You'll get an audio guide and access to 22 beautiful state rooms closely associated with Sisi and her man. There's the luxurious splendor of the Great Gallery (an ideal setting for court functions), the Oriental charm of the Chinese Cabinets as well as the astonishingly modest style of decoration in Emperor Franz Joseph's private suite.
The lively and informative audio guide will bring the time period, drama and daily life of these beloved figures to life, and afterwards you can stroll the garden and reflect on the nature of love and power.
How to use your tickets
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
- Audio guide
- Entrance to 22 rooms of Schönbrunn Palace
- Live guide
Good to know
- Apr - Jun: 08:30 - 17:30
- Jul - Aug: 08:30 - 18:30
- Sept - Oct: 08:30 - 17:30
- Nov - Mar: 08:30 - 17:00
- Metro: U4 to Schönbrunn, take exit Schönbrunn
- Tram: 10 or 58 to Schloss Schönbrunn
- Bus: 10A to Schloss Schönbrunn