- Skip the line into a world of modern art with over 10,000 works by 1,600 artists, plus temporary exhibitions
- Re-live one of the most radical artistic movements of the 20th century with controversial works by Viennese Actionists
- See special exhibitions, Double Lives (June 23, 2018 to November 11, 2018), Class Reunion (June 23, 2018 to November 11, 2018) and Cafe Hansi (March 17, 2017 to December 27, 2018)
If you're at mumok on the last Thursday of the month from 18:00 to 21:00, look for Hans Schabus's Cafe Hansi. This spatial work of art is aimed at helping you leave the sober space of the museum behind and step into a collection of items all named Hans. See toy figures and music records, a pendulum clock, a canary, cups and beakers, and Hansa medicinal plaster. Bizarre!
The Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation is a bit of a tongue twister, which is why most people call this Vienna landmark mumok. Eye-catching from the outside - you can’t miss the towering bluestone facade - inside lies more than enough modern art to challenge your sensibilities, and open your mind. Skip the line and enter the world of mumok.
Stroll around this iconic building any time of year and you can practically feel yourself becoming more cultured.
Explore thousands of works by 1,600 artists, from classical modernism to the avant-gardes of the 60s and 70s. Peruse paintings, photography, video and film, plus sculpture, installations and other contemporary works by Austrian and international artists.
Add in the frequently changing exhibitions and you've got a full-day of weird, wild and wonderful works of art to enjoy.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: U2 to MuseumsQuartier; U3 to Volkstheater
- Bus: 48a or 49 to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring (Volkstheater)
- Tram: D, 1, 2 or 71 to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring / Burgring + 15-minute walk