- Witness the work of living legend Robert Bateman in this beautiful gallery in Victoria, not far from Vancouver
- See paintings, drawings, sculptures, etchings, and lithographs showcasing natural and man-made heritage
- Learn about the artist's life and the contributions he makes to environmental and preservation issues
"Nature is an infinite source of reason, imagination, and invention." So says Robert Bateman, one of Canada's most revered artists, and a man who has taken profound inspiration from the natural world around us. At the time of writing, aged 88, he still paints and gives public talks. This museum is devoted to his life's work.
As well as being one of Canada's most important and revered artists, Robert Bateman is also a recognized naturalist and a spokesman for many environmental and preservation issues. His art has raised millions of dollars for these causes over the years, and here's your chance to give something back.
Your ticket to Victoria's Bateman Foundation Gallery of Nature gets you into an artistic world of natural wonders. See his early experimentation with abstract art styles, browse the snaps taken on his travels across the world, and listen to his commentary on the state of our planet.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Street parking is available at Belleville Street for a maximum period of 90 minutes. For longer visits, you may want to consider the underground parking across the street at the Hotel Grand Pacific.
Want to learn more about Robert's evolution as an artist, and hear personal stories from behind the scenes of his creations? There's a free 45-minute guided tour every Tuesday and Saturday, at 14:00.