- Show your smartphone voucher to the guide at the meeting point, in front of the main entrance of the Aquarium of Veracruz
- Make sure to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before 08:00, as the tour will not wait for latecomers!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Visit the Santa Clara factory and see the cigar-making process, from planting and harvesting to wrapping, sorting and packing - you can even buy some homemade cigars
- Feel the power and majesty of the 50-meter-high waterfalls of Eyipantla Jump in Catemaco and look out for people jumping from the top
- Take a breezy boat ride round the islands and stop near the Monkey Island of Laguna Catemaco, home to hundreds of spider monkeys
There's magic, monkeys, and the best cigars in Mexico on this fun tour to the south of Veracruz. Stand before a beautiful waterfall, visit the prestigious cigar-making capital of San Andrés Tuxtla, and take a boat trip along the river to an island of playful primates. A great day out from Veracruz including all transport.
At the epic Eyipantla Jump in Catemaco, look out for the brave people taking the plunge from a 50-meter-high waterfall, also thought to be the sacred home of a rain god. Walk the 244 steps down for a spectacular view, or stay at the lookout, where you'll still see the rainbows dancing in the giant falls.
In San Andrés Tuxtla, find out all about the town's cigar-making history on a tour of the Santa Clara factory. The different raw materials in the volcanic soil mean the tobacco grown here is some of the finest on earth, and their cigars are considered the best in Mexico!
See how they plant and harvest the tobacco, and watch how the end results are achieved. Don't forget to buy some homemade cigars for later.
Stop for a photo of the ten-foot-tall Olmec head in the square of Santiago Tuxtla, and learn about its origins. Then it's time for some monkey-spotting on a boat trip to the Monkey Island of Laguna Catemaco.
Watch the spider monkeys swinging and maybe even taking a dip in the cool lagoon. Learn about the myths, magic, and stories of voodoo that surround the island, and watch out for the Mexican Loch Ness monster. It's reported to live in the laguna waters!
- 08:00: Departure from Plaza Acuario in Veracruz
- 11:00: Visit the Olmec head in Santiago Tuxtla
- 12:00: Tour at the cigar factory in San Andrés Tuxtla
- 13:00: Tour at the waterfall El Salto de Eyipantla
- 14:40: Arrival in Catemaco and boat ride through the lagoon
- 15:20: Time to eat
- 17:10: Return to Veracruz
- 20:30: Arrival in Veracruz