Tickets for St. Mark's Basilica: Skip The Line + Guided Tour
Stroll the square, explore the church
- Take an informative look at St. Mark’s Square and a one-hour walking tour of the unmissable St. Mark's Basilica, both with a fully licensed English speaking guide
- Get skip-the-line entrance to St. Mark’s Basilica. Dating back to the 9th century, this church has been built and destroyed many times
- St. Mark's Basilica is nicknamed the Church of Gold for its opulence. Once you've seen the Pala d'Oro, you'll understand why that nickname is so appropriate
Start your tour on Saint Mark's Square and get to know the area that has been the hub of Venetian social and political life for more than a thousand years. Afterwards, get skip-the-line access to the eye-shatteringly beautiful St. Mark's Basilica with its many glittering surfaces.
St. Mark's first became a church way back in 828, when a couple of merchants smuggled the body of St. Mark out of Egypt in a barrel of pork fat (as the legend goes). This risky mission was because an angel told St. Mark that Venice would be his final resting place, and the Venetian leaders did not want that angel to be a liar.
Since that time the church has risen and fallen and risen again. Today, St. Mark's Basilica is not just Venice's finest church - it's one of the finest examples of Byzantine architecture in the world.
And this ticket will not only get you skip-the-line access to the church, it also gets you a one-hour walking tour with a fully licensed English-speaking guide.
Your tour will give you context on the history of the Venetian Republic, and insights into the magnificence of the gleaming Basilica.
Of course it's a place of worship, but not only that. Resplendent with 8,500 m2 of glittering mosaics - many made by layering 24-carat gold leaf onto the back of the glass to represent divine light - the whole church seems to shimmer in the daylight. And all around you are shiny, expensive details, silently declaring, 'The Venetian Republic is mighty and wealthy!'
After spending time gawking at the church, you'll be able to wander back out into the Piazza San Marco.
At this point, filled with knowledge and beauty, you should take the chance to fill your belly with some Venetian cicchetti (tapas) - for with the soul satisfied, it's time for the body to get its due.
- Entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- One-hour guided tour in English of St. Mark's Basilica in a small group (maximum 35 people) with a professional guide
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Pala D'oro inside St. Mark's Basilica
- Headset for the guided tour so you can hear the guide better
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Doesn't include the upper floor of the basilica
- Show your smartphone ticket to our assistant before the tour
- Meeting time: Mon - Sat, 11:45
- Departure: 12:00
- Meeting point: Piazza San Marco, in front of YEX Exchange Office, under the Clock Tower
- Tour guide: Look for a tour guide holding a white sign that says 'TURIVE Tour'
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Vaporetto: 1 or 2 to Valleresso.