- Take an informative one-hour walking tour of St Mark’s Square with a fully licensed English speaking guide. Let them enlighten you on the history of the area which Napoleon allegedly referred to as "the drawing room of Europe"
- Get skip-the-line entrance to the unmissable St Mark’s Basilica. Dating back to the 9th century, this church has been built and destroyed many times (though the present church, with its 8500 m2 of glittering mosaics, dates back to about 1071)
- St. Mark's Basilica is nicknamed the Church of Gold for its opulence. Once you've seen the Pala d’Oro - a golden altarpiece crafted by Venetian goldsmiths and bedecked with thousands of rubies, emeralds, and other gemstones - you'll understand why that nickname is so appropriate
Take a guided tour of Saint Mark's Square and get to know the area that has been the hub of Venetian social and political life for more than a thousand years. Afterwards, get skip the line access to the eye-shatteringly beautiful St. Mark's Basilica, with its many glittering surfaces.
St. Mark's first became a church way back in 828, when a couple of merchants smuggled the body of St. Mark out of Egypt in a barrel of pork fat (as the legend goes). This risky mission was because an angel told St. Mark that Venice would be his final resting place, and the Venetian leaders did not want that angel to be a liar.
Since that time the church has risen and fallen and risen again. Today, St. Mark's Basilica is not just Venice's finest church - it's one of the finest examples of Byzantine architecture in the world.
And this ticket will not only get you skip-the-line access to the church, it also gets you a one-hour walking tour with a fully licensed English-speaking guide.
Your tour will take you in and around St. Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco), and give you context for the area, the history of the Venetian Republic, and insights into the magnificence of the gleaming basilica.
Once you've got the context, you'll enter the basilica. Of course it's a place of worship, but not only that. Resplendent with 8,500 m2 of glittering mosaics - many made by layering 24-carat gold leaf onto the back of the glass to represent divine light - the whole church seems to shimmer in the daylight. And all around you are shiny, expensive details, silently declaring, 'The Venetian Republic is mighty and wealthy!'
After spending time gawking at the church, you'll be able to wander back out into the Piazza San Marco.
At this point, filled with knowledge and beauty, you should take the chance to fill your belly with some Venetian cicchetti (tapas) - for with the soul satisfied, it's time for the body to get its due.
Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia, Italy
- Entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Walking tour around St. Mark's Square, The Doge's Palace, The Sansovino Library, The Bell Tower, The Clock Tower and The Bridge of Sighs
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Pala D'oro
- Small group tour (maximum 25 people)
- Professional guided tour
- Headset for guided tour (in English)
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Doesn't include the upper floor of the basilica
How to use your tickets
Show your ticket on your smartphone to our assistant before you start the tour.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to get into St. Mark's Basilica
- Keep in mind: Large bags and backpack are not allowed in St. Mark's Basilica