- Join your guide for a breathtaking cruise around the lagoon, and take some pictures of the islands
- Watch the glass-making in action and buy some colorful pieces on Murano
- See the lace-makers working their crafts on Burano and see The Crucifixion by Tiepolo
Why hide out in the City of Masks when you can sail away on the lagoon? Take a special sightseeing excursion from Venice and explore the islands of Murano and Burano. Learn the history from your guide, watch the glass-making and lace-making, and try some Venetian snacks.
Head to the small island of Murano with your bilingual guide, where you can watch the art of glass-making in action. Visit the factory, feel the heat of the furnace, and even buy some colorful glass to take home.
On Burano, watch the lace-makers and learn why Burano lace was once so valuable it factored into women's dowries. If you have time, why not visit the Museo del Merletto (for a small fee), or walk among the brightly-colored fishermen's houses.
At the Island's Main Square, explore San Martino's Church, home to The Crucifixion by Tiepolo, and the famous leaning tower.
Stop for lunch in the restaurant of your choice. And, for something sweet afterward, don't miss the chance to try the local sweet known as bussolà, and the special esse biscuits.
It's a tasty, cruisy way to see more of Venice.
- It's compulsory to check in 15 minutes before departure - the boats don't wait for latecomers
- Show your smartphone ticket to the tour leader, who will be holding a signboard saying MURANO & BURANO, at one of the two departure points:
- Santa Lucia Railway Station c/o Alilaguna ticket office, Platform #2. Hourly departures between 09:00 and 13:00, and at 13:30
- San Marco Giardinetti c/o Alilaguna ticket office. Hourly departures between 09:30 and 13:30, and at 14:00
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket