- Spectacular views of beautiful palaces on a 60 minute afternoon private motorboat tour of the Grand Canal (and a few of Venice's minor canals)
- Hear the history of la Serenissima from your friendly English-speaking guide, and learn why (and how) it came to be built on the water
- Snap great pics of the beautiful city of Venice from the best vantage point the city has to offer - a boat on the water
In our opinion, Venice's Grand Canal is the most beautiful Main Street in the world. The spectacular palaces, stunning skyline, gliding gondolas... it's like a real-life storybook. This hour-long tour puts you in the center of this picturesque action, as you cruise the Grand Canal - and some of the smaller waterways - with an English-speaking guide filling your ears with stories about this beautifully unique city.
The peak of Venice's power, when it was a mighty republic ruled by the Doge, is now well in the past. But the Venetian Republic's two most iconic legacies remain: stunning architecture and heavily used canals.
The styles of the buildings lining the Grand Canal show off the luxury for which the republic was famous for. (Keep an eye out for the oriental façades that testify to the riches acquired via trade with the Far East). And the canals are no mere charming quirk for the benefit of the tourist trade; Venice is still a city without cars - everything in the city moves by water or handcart.
This tour shows you the best of the city they call the Bride of the Sea, and your tour guide will answer many questions that will crop up during your float. You'll find out what the Grand Canal was like before the palazzos were built, learn about (and see!) the famous gondolas, and get to know the Venice of today.
You'll be fascinated by the stories of the main sights, but equally intrigued by the more secluded waterways - with the many picturesque small bridges and 'off the beaten track' sights, to introduce you to a quieter Venice.
Venice is a city meant to be appreciated from the water. And this boat tour offers the whole family an opportunity to get to know the Venice of then and now, and all while giving your feet a break!
Riva degli Schiavoni, Venice, Italy
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private water taxi
- 60 minutes guided tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and other beverages
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the departure of the tour
- The meeting will be outside the exchange office, over the bridge adjacent to the Hotel Danieli, on Riva degli Schiavoni. Here you will find the assistent holding an orange umbrella, waiting for you to lead you to the boat.
- The tour starts and finishes at the same meeting point
Just show your mobile voucher at the meeting point to the assistent holding the orange umbrella. No need to print your ticket!
- Walking: Walk from St. Mark's Square to the Riva degli Schiavoni (200 meters) and on your left handside you'll find the meeting point.
Our Tour Guide was very knowledgeable and lovely.
Alex, our guide, was very enthusiastic. His commentary which included information on the history of Venice was informative and easily understood. The group of only eight people was a good size for a tour as it gave everyone an opportunity to ask questions.
Gids moeilijk verstaanbaar, oorapparaat zou aangewezen zijn. Boottocht beantwoordt aan de verwachtingen. Organisatie in orde.
Hele mooie boot