- Get a one hour walking tour of the Doge’s Palace in Venice, led by a knowledgeable guide. Afterwards, you're free to explore this Venetian palace on your own
- Skip the often lengthy lines of this Venice highlight and get fast-track admission to public chambers, Renaissance artwork, and fascinating history of Venice's all-powerful Doges
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs (where prisoners used to let out a long depressed breath before being locked up forever), and tour the New Prisons
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale in Italian) is one of Venice's most iconic landmarks. A magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the palace was the residence of the Dog, the supreme authority of the former Republic of Venice. It's a definite must-see of any visit to la Serenissima.
This skip-the-line ticket gets you right into the Doge’s Palace, a symbol of Venice which was for centuries the heart of its political power. And not only do you blow past the line on the way in, the first hour of your visit is spent in the company of a knowledgeable and friendly guide, who fills you in on the history and stories of this remarkable palazzo.
One highlight is the Opera Museum (which isn't about arias and divas, but rather a history of all the work - opera in Italian, that this building has undergone over the centuries). It's not just about structural improvements, in other areas you'll get the chance to see Renaissance masterpieces by Tintoretto and Titian, among others.
But to really get a sense of the dramatic history, the glorious art must be compared to the prisons that are part of the complex. Crossing the Doge, or challenging the power of the Venetian Republic has sever consequences.
The Piombi attic prison upstairs was where the upper crust was imprisoned (notorious lover Casanova was once a resident here), and then, across the famous Bridge of Sighs, there's the New Prisons. You'll have the chance to breathe your own sigh as you cross the bridge.
However, unlike the melancholy prisoners who got their last view of Venice as they crossed into imprisonment, your sigh will be one of relief - your stay in the New Prisons is only as long as you choose. And afterwards, you can wander the palace as long as you like, or just hop into your gondola and head off on your next adventure.
- An hour guided tour
- Skip the line entrance to the Doge's Palace
- All entrance fees including your entrance ticket of 18€ to enter into the palace
- Entrance to the Correr museum and the Sansovini library
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Mon - Sat: 12:15
- Sun: 14:00
- The meeting point will be between the two large columns by the waterfront at St Mark's Square
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure of the tour
- In case of emergency please call +390415239979 / +393493054767
- Boat: If you Boat (Vaporetto) No.1 or No.2, get off at the Valleresso stop
- Water Taxi: If you take water taxi, get off at Todero drop-off point
NOTE: Backpacks or rucksacks aren't allowed inside The Doge's Palace
Meeting point easy to find. No problem with ticket
Guide informative without overloading with information.
Clear directions to Meeting Point. Fast entry excellent audio
Een hele leuke gids die veel over Venetië en het paleis wist te vertellen. Ook duidelijk te verstaan door het audio-systeem. Aanrader met kinderen, als ze een klein beetje Engels spreken is dat al voldoende.
Alles Super. Keine Wartezeit!!!!!!!!
Easy going and efficient, BEAUTIFUL!!