- Take an underground mine train guided tour (subject to availability) and experience what it was like to mine for copper throughout the ages
- Enjoy views of Howe Sound's breathtaking glacial landscapes, before going below the surface into what was once the largest copper mine in the British Empire
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling 'BOOM!' show; a live-action experience in the historic mill
Grab a hard hat and ride a real mine cart to where the Canadian sun doesn't shine, with an underground adventure at the Britannia Mine Museum. Follow the footsteps of Canada's brave miners and explore a tunnel carved into the rugged rocks of Howe Sound.
Learn about British Columbia's rich mining heritage from your expert guide and enjoy interactive history exhibits. This National Historic Site offers visitors a fun, family-friendly, and educational destination that kids and adults alike will treasure.
The exhibits within the museum showcase Britannia's fascinating history and chronicle the pioneers of this storied community. Hop in a mine train with a friendly guide and journey through an authentic copper mine, learning about mining practices and equipment, as well as British Columbia's rich mining heritage.
Pan for real gold and keep whatever you find! See the spectacular 'jewel box', where a glistening display of minerals and gold give you a hint of the hidden gems beneath Britannia's (equally beautiful) surface. These ones aren't for keeping!
An engrossing feature film encapsulates Britannia's history, its amazing geography, as well as mining's relevance in our everyday lives, while the Company Store is a great place for souvenirs and unique gems that you can immortalize the experience with.
Don't miss 'BOOM!', a thrilling live-action special effects show which transports visitors back in time to the 1920s – when the mine was booming as the largest copper producer in the British Commonwealth.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- For young visitors, please bring an ID as a proof of age
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- By BC Mines Act, hardhats are compulsory underground and must be worn at all times. You may need to hold it over the child's head
- On busy days, the museum reserves the right to regulate the kids-to-adults ratio of each tour
- If you feel you must leave the tour with your child, your guide will tell you when it's appropriate to do so and how to exit the tunnel
- No alcohol is permitted underground
- Underground tour not suitable for impaired visitors
- Short duration of loud noises – parents with infants may choose to skip this portion. Ear protection is available
- Warm clothes recommended