- Explore Hamilton's picturesque botanical gardens, which were given the royal seal of approval by King George V
- Wander around endless tranquil spaces, including a rock garden, an arboretum, and a sublime scented garden
- Take your pick of the National Historic Site's nature trails, and get lost in Canada's blooming natural wonder
Set across 1,100 hectares of nature reserve, Ontario's lush Royal Botanical Gardens are an outdoor enthusiast's dream. This horticultural haven is nestled within the Niagara Escarpment World Biosphere Reserve, an hour's drive from the falls and 40 mins from Toronto.
Meander through five formal gardens – including a whispering arboretum and exotic Mediterranean garden – and hike 27km of colourful, serene nature trails. Take photos, leave footprints, and revel in Canada's ecological paradise.
Show your smartphone ticket to one of the staff members at the entrance of the gardens.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Arboretum: Between mid-June and early May, open from dawn to dusk. Rest of the year: 10:00-20:00
- Laking Garden is closed between January and early May
- The shop is open 10:00-17:00
- Shuttle service inside the Gardens: Weekends + holidays (Victoria Day, Canada Day, August long weekend), early May - early August, 10:00-19:30 (final pick-up 19:00). Included in your ticket price. Before boarding the shuttle, please first visit one of the garden area kiosks to show your smartphone ticket and have your hand stamped
- Walking from garden to garden is possible but please be aware that the property is spread out over 1,100 hectares of gardens and nature sanctuaries, with kilometers between the cultivated gardens. Please consider driving or biking between locations, or using the shuttle service when available
If all that outdoor adventuring has left you a little weary, stop for a drink and a bite at the rock garden's chilled café-restaurant. There are also hand-made souvenirs, tasty local produce and nuggets of garden inspiration available at the gift shop. Why not take home something for your garden as a permanent reminder of your royal visit?