Tickets for Japanese Bamboo Art from New York: The Abbey Collection at the MOMAT
See the Abbey Collection of bamboo sculpture and basketry for a limited time
- Admire this rarely seen private collection of bamboo crafts in Japan for the first time
- Browse a curation of bamboo artwork dating back as far as the Meiji Era (1868-1912)
- Discover masterpieces of the form by Shono Shounsai and Hayakawa Shokosai I
The craft of weaving bamboo peaked in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Collectors Diane and Arthur Abbey have admired and amassed sculptures and baskets since they discovered their love of the art form in the 1990s.
Admire 75 pieces from the Abbey Collection, back on their home soil until December 2019. The exhibit showcases a wide range of work, from flower baskets to contemporary pieces.
- Please show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- The exhibition takes place in the Crafts Gallery
- You can also access the MOMAT collection on the same day
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
The Abbey Collection, "Promised Gift of Diane and Arthur Abbey to The Metropolitan Museum of Art."