Tickets for The Mesdag Collection
See stunning seascapes and other nautical work from a great unknown painter
- Explore this amazing museum in the former house of talented Dutch painter Hendrik Willem Mesdag
- See the artist's seascapes, still lifes, landscapes and other art he collected with his wife
- Spend some time in the beautiful museum garden, the perfect respite during a day of sightseeing
Don't you love it when you stumble your way into a secret? That's exactly how you'll feel at this little-known but altogether magical museum and its achingly beautiful garden. Walk through the Mesdag's former home in The Hague and fall in love with landscapes, still lifes, and more!
Hendrik Willem Mesdag (1831-1915) was one of The Hague School's leading artists, who threw himself entirely into his love of painting at 35. Before that he was a businessman, so there you go, left brain, right brain, both work if you want them to.
You can feel his passion oozing from every wall in his former home, now a gallery. Check out his renowned seascape scenes, the stunning landscapes and still lifes, some of which were painted by his wife, the equally talented Sina van Houten.
You can also see the art they both collected from 1866 to 1903.
The garden is gorgeous here too, especially on a sunny day. Carve out some time in your Hague itinerary for a peaceful artistic respite.
Remember, The Mesdag Collection is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Access to the Mesdag Collection
- Access to temporary exhibitions
Show your smartphone ticket at the reception.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
12:00 - 17:00.
- Tram: 1, stop Vredespaleis; 16, stop Van Speijkstraat
- Bus: 24, stop Alexanderplein