- Learn all about the history and future of photography in this cutting-edge museum, developed in partnership with the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
- See works by some of history's greatest photographers and some of the contemporary scene's brightest stars, in a wide-reaching collection as well as regular exhibitions and special series
- Opt for the combination ticket and also see the Gemeentemuseum next door, packed with fantastic modern and contemporary art!
Whether you're a serious snapper or Instagram dabbler, there's loads to love at the Hague's museum of photography. It's packed with special exhibitions celebrating the past, present, and future of picture-making, with a varied mix of classic and contemporary artists in constant rotation.
The development (no pun intended) of photography revolutionized the way we see and think about art. Suddenly, everyday life could be captured and frozen in time, exhibited for the world to see and admire. The Fotomuseum Den Haag studies this phenomenon, paying particular attention to the representations of human subjects throughout history.
Even if you don't know your Leicas from your Leibovitzes, rest assured that you're in good company. The museum features a varied mix of classic and contemporary photographers, from Emmy Andriesse, Edward S. Curtis and Leonard Freed to Desiree Dolron and Loretta Lux. They pride themselves on placing underrated artists in the spotlight, so you can enjoy a comprehensive insight into photography from all over the world – the perfect day out for shutterbugs everywhere.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Bus: line 24 to Kijkduin
- Tram: line 16 to Gemeentemuseum