Reach out to the Tiqets Help Center, we act as a contact on behalf of the activity supplier
From 1940 to 1945 the Small Fortress at Terezin served as the prison of the Prague Gestapo.
The town, some 90 miles north of Prague, was renamed by the Nazis to Theresienstadt and became a place of persecution for the Czech nation, as well as a transport point to camps to the east.
The Nazis sent approximately 1,300 Jewish men to Theresienstadt on November 24 and December 4, 1941. These workers made up the Aufbaukommando (construction detail), later known in the camp as AK1 and AK2. These men were sent to transform the garrison town from a residence of 7,000 to a concentration camp that would hold up to 60,000.
In 1994 a new permanent exhibition was opened here, devoted to the history of the political prison.