- See Tenerife's own pyramids and marvel at these 12-meter towers of ancient volcanic rock
- Uncover the mysteries of their construction, and decide for yourself why these unique monuments were built
- Learn all about the pyramids and their discovery in the museum and auditorium, and explore the sustainable botanical garden
Did you know Tenerife has its own pyramids? Although they're not as mighty as their Egyptian cousins, these manmade mountains are still a sight to behold, and equally shrouded in mystery. Now you can uncover their secrets for yourself, and learn all about their history and excavation in the Ethnographic Park, the museum and exhibition, before exploring the beautiful botanical gardens.
Historians and archaeologists still can't decide why the Pyramids of Guimar were built. Some think farmers simply piled up the stones they'd cleared from their fields, others believe they were crafted by ancient civilizations who worshipped the sun and moon.
Whatever your take, the pyramids are an undeniably impressive sight, standing 12 meters tall and built from volcanic Tenerife rock. Their surroundings have been converted into an open-air museum, and you'll learn all about local geology, botany, and industry as you stroll around the ancient complex.
Check out the multimedia auditorium screening documentaries about the pyramids and their discovery, then take in the exotic flora and fauna in the sustainable botanical garden – a special collaboration with the University of La Laguna.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Bus: Lines 121 or 126 to Pirámides stop.