Tickets for Teide Observatory: Guided Visit
You'll be seeing stars at the world's largest solar observatory!
- See stars as you peer into some of the most powerful telescopes in the galaxy, at the world's largest solar observatory
- Learn about the importance of astrophysics and solar observation in the interactive group workshop
- Explore the insides and outsides of these gigantic telescopes among the alien landscapes of Mount Teide
The views atop Tenerife's Mount Teide are already some of the best in the world, but how about taking them right out of this world? At Teide's famous observatory you can gaze out over the stunning volcanic island scenery, before peering into the depths of the final frontier itself with their superpowered telescopes.
The Teide observatory is a far cry from Galileo's original spyglasses. These mammoth mountaintop observatories are the world's biggest, and truly space-age achievements – towering constructions you can get inside and explore for yourself.
If your knowledge of astrophysics is a little rusty, the expert guide is on hand to explain why the Canary Islands are so well suited for stargazing, as well as the finer points of robotic astronomy.
After an info-packed workshop, you'll be ready to man the 'scopes yourself and safely stare at our own sun like never before. You'll be able to see real sunspots and solar flares, so prepare for an experience that's really out of this world!
- Make sure to arrive at the Observatory gate 20 minutes before your scheduled time
- Don't ring the doorbell – the guide will come down to meet you and show you where to park
- Please bring a valid ID
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
The observatory is only reachable by car, at km 1 of the TF-514 motorway, which can be accessed from km 37 of the TF-24 motorway.