- Ride 1,200 meters up to the top of Mount Teide, an active volcano and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy stunning views from your specially refurbished cable car as it completes its 8-minute journey
- Discover exotic plants and animals, or call home from Spain's Highest Public Telephone!
Mount Teide doesn't just dominate the island of Tenerife, it's the highest point in all of Spain. Luckily, you don't have to climb to get to the top of this UNESCO World Heritage Site – the cable car will whisk you to the top in no time. There you can bask in the stunning views, admire the unique local wildlife, and even climb up to the very summit (permit necessary) before you eventually glide back down to earth.
Although it's a wildly popular tourist destination, Teide is still an active volcano (even if the last eruption was in 1909!). Its craggy landscapes are so out-of-this-world that NASA uses it to test scientific equipment and the latest robotic vehicles in preparation for exploring Mars!
Your cable car is a little slower than a space shuttle, but will still carry you an impressive 1,200 meters up in under 8 minutes. The recently refurbished cars offer breathtakingly panoramic views of the otherworldly surroundings as you glide up in near-silence.
At the upper station, you'll have plenty of time to explore and check out the local flora and fauna, many of which are completely unique to the island.
- Cable car ride up to the Teide summit and back down
- Audio guide (if selected)
- Permit to hike up the Teide
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Online ticket line at the cable car station. Make sure to arrive at least 10 minutes before your chosen time!
- If you arrive late, you will be assigned the next available timeslot. Waiting times may occur in this case
- At the top, for area conservation reasons, the Teide National Park restricts visiting times to 1 hour
Kids 0-3 get in free, but travelling with them isn't recommended due to higher risks of altitude sickness. If you bring a kid under 3, you must sign a waiver at the base station.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Teide Cable Car base station, at km 43 of the TF-21 motorway, La Orotava, is only reachable by car.
After cancelling the cable car because of bed weather. No problem to get charge back
Cable car couldn't operate on the day I was there due to high winds.
Contacted tiquets to tell them by email and they responded quickly and advised me my money will be refunded