- Take one of the speediest elevators on Earth to the top of Taipei's gargantuan skyscraper
- Enjoy 360° views of Taiwan's capital from inside and outside the 89th floor observatory
- See the world's largest and heaviest tuned mass damper which protects the building from wind and earthquakes
Despite having its 'world's tallest building' crown stolen by Dubai's Burj Khalifa and subsequently falling down the rankings, Taipei 101 is still one of the main players in the sport of very tall things.
With unobscured, panoramic views of Taiwan's capital, accessed by one of the fastest elevators in the world, there's no better way to view The City of Azaleas than from its 89th floor Observatory.
Put your map away, just look up. Taipei 101 towers above anything else in the city – just aim for the giant, glass bamboo stalk piercing the clouds.
Your journey from the 5th-floor entrance up to the observatory takes just 37 seconds. That's a speed of almost 100kph, which officially qualifies as 'really fast'.
Taipei doesn't have a skyscraping skyline like Shanghai or London, which makes the 360° view from the observatory even more magical. Gaze down at miniature-looking sites you've already visited like the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall or the Taipei Dome, and look way out to the unbroken horizon.
If the weather's kind to you, you'll be able to climb up to the outdoor viewing platform for a breezier look around – unless the breeze is too brisk. Safety first!
- Present your smartphone voucher at the ticket booth to collect your physical tickets
- Last admission is 45 minutes before closing
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Don't miss Taipei 101's tuned mass damper. It's an 800-ton golden globe which controls wind and seismic movements to keep the building stable – an engineering marvel aimed at protecting against the major fault line just 660 feet away. If you're really impressed (how could you not be?), you can take home its official mascot, Damper Baby. Physics has never been so cute!