- Take a magical journey through 400 years of theatre production in this immersive and interactive exhibition
- Play Hamlet alongside actor Ewart James Walters using cutting-edge technology, and see Shakespeare's first folio
- Try on virtual costumes from the RSC collection in the Magic Costume Mirror and let your creativity run wild!
The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) is one of the most esteemed theatre companies in the world. On this tour, you can see some of the most outstanding costumes, props, and mise en scène elements from the company's most memorable productions.
The Play's The Thing lets you discover the inspiration behind some of the company's most acclaimed productions, and get hands-on with interactive games as you explore over 400 years of local theatre history.
Learn about the gory details of theatre through the A-Z of Shakespeare's secrets and stories. Dive into the early stage careers of famous screen actors, such as Judi Dench, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and David Tennant – all of whom performed in productions of the RSC.
See theatre relics dating from the 17th century, like costumes, set designs, props, photographs, and playbills, as well as a rare copy of Shakespeare's first folio! Trace how performances have evolved over time, keeping up with art and political movements, and study how different directors, actors, and designers interpret the same play. A Basquiat-inspired, all-black cast version of Hamlet, anyone?
Speaking of Hamlet, you can play the tragic character alongside actor Ewart James Walters, in an interactive state-of-the-art installation. Kids can also get in on the fun by helping Francis the Pig find the prop thief by following hidden clues. Ages 10 and up can get a head start on their first job at the RSC by designing potential costumes.
Don't forget to take a bow as you exit stage left!
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket desk.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket