- Cruise along Stockholm's beautiful Lake Mälaren to Drottningholm on Lovön Island and see the sights from the water
- Learn the history of your surroundings as you go
- Get inside the palace and see the state rooms, the Court Theater and more
Got your royal wave down? Cruise along Stockholm's Lake Mälaren to Drottningholm on Lovön Island. Hear the highs, lows and royal gossip surrounding Drottningholm Palace, and practice that wave on a walk around what's still the Swedish royal family's residence.
For a glimpse of regal life in the 17th century, the period's best-preserved palace undoubtedly delivers. Several kings and queens have reined at Drottningholm Palace, and the Swedish royal family still make important decisions within its French-inspired walls.
Board your comfy cruise, see the sights from the water on scenic Lake Mälaren, and disembark on royal ground for a stroll.
In Drottningholm Palace, find out which royal folk inspired the interior of the state rooms. See the Court Theater and stroll around the surrounding park with its baroque garden, ponds, canals and bridges.
Then when you're full of Swedish history (or maybe just that meatball lunch?), join the other royal subjects for your cruise back to the city.
- Boat tour to and from Drottningholm Palace
- Entrance to Drottningholm Palace
- Entrance to the Court Theater
- Entrance to the Chinese Pavilion
- Go to the departure point at Klara Mälarstrand and show your smartphone ticket while boarding the boat
- Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes before your chosen timeslot
- Boats to Drottningholm depart every hour between 10:00 and 14:00
- You can then take a boat back to Klara Mälarstrand at any time until 19:00
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: lines 3, 50, 53, 54 or 65 to Stadshuset or lines 55 or 57 to Tegelbacken or lines 809C, 812C, 813C, 815C, 818C, 890, 892 or 893 to Vattugatan.
Guided tours of the Court Theater
English tours: June-September daily every hour between 11:00 and 16:30. 4, 5, 11 August and 15 & 22 September the last tour starts at 13:30. October daily tours between 12:00 and 15:30.