- Check out Junibacken's Story Train, which chugs through famous stories by Astrid Lindgren, featuring narration by Astrid Lindgren herself
- Watch 3-5 daily live shows packed with fun singing and theater entertainment for kids and finish your visit with a homemade cinnamon bun from Junibacken's own restaurant
- Visit Stockholm's largest children's bookshop with books in foreign languages!
Enjoy a magical, delightful day together at Junibacken in Stockholm - Djurgården! Here books come to life, crammed with amazing playful exhibitions to inspire kids and their parents.
Here, you meet Astrid Lindgren - a Swedish writer who charmed the world with fiction, most notably her series about a girl called Pippi Longstocking. Step into the world of Pippi - and that of other special stories - at Junibacken - a great escape for parents and kids aged 2-8 years old.
Take a trip on the Story Train - an inspiring journey through Astrid Lindgren's creations, narrated by Astrid herself as well as in 16 different other languages.
Admire the spectacular peculiarities of Villa Villekulla. Hop up for a photo op on Pippi’s horse. Be wowed by several different theater performances sparkling with songs.
Junibacken also has Stockholm’s largest bookshop for children with lots of foreign titles and fun memorabilia.
Finish up your visit with a homemade cinnamon bun from Junibacken's own restaurant while you decide which book you'll be diving into next.
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket booth, where they will scan your ticket and assign you a specific time to take the Story Train.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Metro to Karlaplan + 15 minutes walking
- Bus: Line 67 from Karlaplan to Nordiska Museet/Vasamuseet/Junibacken, or line 69 from Central Station, T-Centralen to Djurgårdsbron
- Tram: Line 7 from Kungsträdgården to Nordiska Museet/Vasamuseet/Junibacken
Pippi would often lift and carry her horse from place to place. Unless you're also blessed with super-strength, do not try and lift the horse at Junibacken!