- Take a scenic cruise and coach ride along some of Alaska's most beautiful wilderness areas towards Chilkat Valley
- Let your expert guide teach you all about the animals you might spot, including bears, wolves, moose, and eagles
- End your adventure with a tranquil float on the river and a picnic before returning back to Skagway by catamaran
Enjoy a scenic 45-minute cruise on America's deepest and longest fjord as you make your way to Haines. You'll witness spectacular views of waterfalls and rugged peaks, while your knowledgable guide points out the local wildlife.
Upon arriving in Haines, you'll take a panoramic 40-minute drive to the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, passing by historic landmarks. If you're lucky, you'll see a moose or two! At the preserve, you'll take a tranquil raft trip to spot bears, wolves, and more.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, at the end of the pier. Your tour guide will be holding a sign that says 'Eagle Preserve Wildlife Float Adventure'
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your selected departure time
- You need to sign a liability waiver upon arrival
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Restrooms are available before and after the raft trip
- Lunch consists of assorted meats, cheese, and lettuce sandwiches served on a variety of bread, chips, cookies, fruits, water, and lemonade (vegetarian options always available). If you have a dietary restriction, please let us know by email so we can accommodate you
- Meet your guide at Skagway
- Scenic cruise on a high-speed catamaran from Skagway to Haines (45 min)
- Drive along the Haines Highway, a designated National Scenic Byway (45 min)
- Arrival at the starting point of the float and safety briefing (15 min)
- Explore the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve by raft (90 min)
- Enjoy a picnic-style lunch (30 min)
- Drive back to Haines along Haines' scenic byway (45 min)
- Cruise back to Skagway aboard the catamaran (45 min)