- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point in front of the Hard Rock Café
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before departure at 09:00
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Explore this picturesque royal retreat with a guide – it's been plucked straight from a fairy tale dreamworld
- Get lost in the 500-acre gardens, packed with exotic plant life, meandering streams, and all sorts of hidden delights
- Marvel at the history and splendor of this UNESCO World Heritage site just a short train ride from Lisbon
You know you're in Sintra when you see that bright yellow castle high up on a hill. Feel the magic and colors of one of Portugal's must-see sights on this guided tour around Sintra's palaces. The surrounding Pena Park is the perfect respite, full of exotic plant life and other secret treasures. Discover the 'Crown of the Sintra region' for yourself.
You'll feel like royalty as you enter the romantic Pena National Palace! This picture-perfect mountain retreat was a former monastery until it was transformed into a private palace by King Ferdinand II in the 19th century.
Ferdinand ordered its conversion into a multi-colored fairy tale fortress. Enter a stunning mishmash of Romantic, Renaissance, Manueline and Moorish styles. Make sure you take the time to drink in the stunning views over the Sintra region, western coastline, and the city of Lisbon below.
The surrounding gardens contain 500 species of trees, and make for a sprawling setting of hidden delights.
Take a lunch break in old Sintra and get your lips around some of the delicious local pastries. Work off the carbs at the National Palace of Sintra (ticket not included), then scratch beneath the surface of Quinta da Regaleira and explore a world of symbols, metaphors, and exquisite masonry.
Park and Pena Palace in Sintra
Step back in time at this lovingly restored fairy-tale castle
Sintra, Cascais & Estoril: Guided Tour from Lisbon
Discover Portuguese treasures, including the vibrant Pena Palace