- Discover the place where the monarchs of Portuguese society lived during middle ages
- See the most important collection of Mudéjar Azulejos (coloured glazed tiles) in the world!
- Visit the Swans Room, the Magpies Room, the Coats of Arms room and more
The National Palace of Sintra in the heart of the old town has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1995. Walk the stomping ground of the Portuguese monarchs and see how they lived in the middle ages. Visit the Coats of Arms room and see the most important collection of Mudéjar Azulejos (colored glazed tiles) in the world!
With its thousand-year history, you'll feel the atmosphere as soon as you skip the line and step inside the National Palace of Sintra. See the stunning architecture and the giant 33-meter high chimneys, built in the 14th century to keep the kitchens free from smoke.
And the hypnotic Mudéjar Azulejos tiles can keep you floorgazing for hours too if you're looking to really relax.
As a bonus, Sintra is generally several degrees cooler than in Lisbon, so get ready to make your escape from the heat into history!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
If travelling from Lisbon, take the Sintra line from Estação do Oriente, Estação do Rossio or Estação de Entrecampos. There are regular buses from Sintra Rail Station to the National Palace.