Tickets for Piccolomini Palace: Skip The Line
Explore one of the oldest examples of Renaissance design in a stunning palace
- Explore a 15th-century Tuscan palace that's one of the earliest examples of Renaissance design and architecture in the world
- See the former home of Pope Pius II as you browse the palace's incredible interiors and frescoes – you can even look inside the bedroom of his holiness!
- Learn the history of the palace and its prestigious residents in the museum, then get cultural in the fun contemporary art gallery
Enter a world of thrilling history and beautiful architecture - plus peek inside the pope's bedroom - at Pienza's magnificent Piccolomini Palace, built for Pope Pius II in the 15th century! Explore Renaissance life through its sumptuous architecture, priceless artworks and artifacts, and get inspired by the cool contemporary art gallery.
The gigantic Palazzo Piccolomini was built between 1460 and 1495 and is one of the earliest examples of Renaissance architecture and design in the world.
It's just as opulent as you'd expect inside, with its Neo-Renaissance frescoes (added in the 1800s) and beautifully designed furniture and fittings on and around every corner.
On the first floor, browse the palace museum for an introduction to the building's rich history and learn the stories of various holy figures who called it home. Look out for the 'Hall of the Ancestors' featuring a portrait of the pope by Ventura Salimbeni.
Feel free to take your time in the regularly updated contemporary art gallery, then stretch your legs in the charming garden. And for something entirely different... have a peek inside the pope's bedroom!
- Entrance to Piccolomini Palace
- Entrance to the Renaissance garden
- Audio guide (English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese)
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office located in the palace bookshop and collect your audio guide!
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- By car from Florence: A1 - exit Valdichiana - Torrita di Siena - Pienza (about 20km). From Rome: A1 - exit Chiusi Chianciano Terme - direction Chianciano - Montepulciano - Pienza (about 27km). From Siena: SS 2 Cassia to San Quirico d'Orcia - SS 146 towards Pienza (50km)
- Train (Rome-Florence line) to Chiusi-Chianciano Terme + 30km by taxi