Tickets for Opera Museum of Siena: Skip The Line
One of the oldest private museums in Italy
- Visit one of the oldest private museums in Italy and see incredible art and sculptures from the 13th and 14th centuries
- See the Maesta (Virgin Mary in Majesty and the controversial Birth of the Virgin by Lorenzetti
- Get incredible views over Siena from the top of the Duomo Nuovo
Also known as the Duomo Museum, the Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana was built when Siena’s cathedral was expanded in the 14th century. Skip the line to the home of some of the cathedral's most important art. Check out incredible sculptures, one of Duccio di Buoninsegna's masterpieces, and get amazing views of Siena from the top of the Duomo Nuovo.
Skip the line and start on the ground level of the Opera Metropolitana Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana), one of the oldest private museums in Italy. Here you'll find various sculptures from the 13th century, including works by Giovanni Pisano. Once upon a time these amazing pieces adorned the front of the Duomo.
Heading up the stairs you'll find Duccio di Buoninsegna's masterpieces from the early 14th century - the Maesta (Virgin Mary in Majesty). This beautiful screen was once a feature of the cathedral's high altar.
While you're here, don't miss Lorenzetti’s Birth of the Virgin. This work scandalized and thrilled in equal measure. In fact, some called Lorenzetti a new genius, but sadly the plague got him before he could do anything else of note.
Finish your visit with stunning views of the Tuscan countryside from the top of the Duomo Nuovo.
- Access to the Opera Museum
- Access to the Cathedral, the Baptistery, and the Crypt
- Panoramic view from the Facciatone
- Gate of Heaven Tour
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at desk 1 or 2 at the ticket office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: 590, 645 or S54 to Piazza Postierla.
- March 1 – November 2: 10:30 – 19:00
- November 3 – February 28: 10:30 – 17:30
- December 26 – January 6: 10:30 – 18:00
- The last admission is half an hour before closing time