- Visit the stunning Sant'Antimo Abbey, home to Benedictine monks in the early 12th century, restored by architect Giuseppe Partini and now used as a concert and cultural venue
- See the Carolingian Chapel, the crypt, the tribune, the monastic pharmacy, St. Benedict's herb garden and more
- Learn more about the abbey with an interactive video-guide, custom made to enrich your experience with storytelling and multimedia content
Follow in the spiritual footsteps of 12th-century Benedictine monks with a visit to Abbey of Sant'Antimo. Skip the line and pick up your video guide for a multimedia experience like no other as you explore the Carolingian Chapel, the crypt, the tribune, the monastic pharmacy, St. Benedict's herb garden and more!
If Sant'Antimo's walls could talk, they'd speak of the ancient times when Benedictine conducted their holy business there. Restored by architect Giuseppe Partini in 1870, the abbey is now used as a concert and cultural venue.
Step inside these hallowed walls and discover one of the wealthiest, most influential religious institutions of the day, with a video guide that explains the secrets and symbolic significance of the abbey's architectural highlights.
Check out the church nave from the overlooking tribune, watch the sunlight dancing on the columns, and see the glorious Tuscan countryside from the upper ambulatory.
You can still see the inscription on the steps of the high altar, commemorating a much-needed donation by the Ardengheschi family in 1118. And if you're looking for a real underground encounter, don't forget to head to the Carolingian crypt!
Show your smartphone ticket at the welcome desk located at the entrance of the Church.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- The abbey is best reachable by car. There is a free parking area for motorhomes above the Arca di Sant'Antimo Bookshop
- The nearest train station is Buonconvento (Grosseto - Siena line)
- Bus: Line 0P1 from Montalcino to Castelnuovo Abate. From there, it's a 15-minute walk