- Explore an Arabic gem in the heart of Sicily with an optional audio guide to help you learn the history
- See how the need for cool and shade was considered in the ancient designs
- Witness decorative arabesques, marble and multicolored mosaics and more to transport you to an Arabic world in Palermo
Zisa derives from the Arabic word aziz, meaning magnificent. There's really no other word for the impressive Zisa Castle. Step inside with an optional audio guide and discover an Arabic gem in the heart of Sicily, complete with an ancient form of air-conditioning!
Learn about the bond Sicily formed with the Islamic world as you peruse Zisa Castle's magnificent interior.
Note the Islamic talent for bringing cool air and shade to buildings that would otherwise be insufferable in summer. See the high honeycombed ceiling, the marble and multi-colored mosaics, and the decorative arabesques, some of which tell ancient stories.
The optional audio guide will fill you in on its fascinating past and the meaning of the designs.
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket office and collect your audio guide (if selected).
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket