- Explore the underground tunnels and chambers of a 5th-century BC hypogeum in the Valley of the Temples
- A guide will take you through the ancient aqueduct system while you can enjoy Kolymbethra Garden at your leisure
- Rest under the ancient citrus and almond trees, taste exquisite fruits and marmalade, and enjoy a picnic lunch
Explore a 5th-century reservoir, or hypogea, in Sicily's Valley of the Temples. This network of tunnels once provided water to Akragas (present-day Agrigento) and dates back to the city's construction in 480 BC.
Walk through cavernous tunnels with a helmet and flashlight on this guided tour. Then, return to the world of the living and enjoy the fragrant garden of Kolymbethra. This ancient garden is alive with lush orchards, rocky edifices, and copious cacti that have stood the test of time.
- The nearest ticket office to the garden is Porta Quinta. Please go there first and buy an entrance ticket for the Valley of the Temples
- Once inside, go the entrance of Kolymbethra Garden and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket
- Make sure to arrive at least 10 minutes before the time of your guided tour
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing. You need to wear a helmet in the hypogea (provided onsite)
- The garden has a picnic area with benches affording panoramic views
You'll need a ticket for the Valley of the Temples in order to take this tour. Check out our other tickets to get the most out of your time at ancient Italian attractions.