- Explore the wildlife and wander across a 92-acre oasis teeming with over 300 different animal species in lush, spacious surroundings
- Learn about the animals, from rhinos to penguins, giraffes and birds of prey with up-close encounters, animal keeper talks, puppet shows and more
- See one-horned rhinos wallowing in mud, watch penguins fly underwater, see squealing otters and join a fun raptor flight program
This is how we zoo it! Skip the lines to Woodland Park Zoo and hang with over 300 different animal species in lush green surroundings. Watch animal keeper talks, see birds of prey in flight, and witness the habits of gorillas, primates, grizzles and more at Seattle’s award-winning zoo.
The Assam Rhino Reserve gets you up close and pretty personal with one of the largest land mammals on earth - the one-horned rhinoceros. Here at Woodland Park Zoo they love nothing more than wallowing in mud, grazing on the grass and aquatic plants, or basking in shallow pools while you watch.
Elsewhere penguins fly underwater, speedy otters squeal, and giraffes, zebras and big cats welcome everyone on a safari to Africa. The Tropical Asia zone also invites you on the Trail of Vines, home to orangutans, siamangs and tapirs.
Kids will love the raptor flight program, where big birds demonstrate giant wing spans and hunting methods. You'll also find fun animal keeper talks, puppet shows and other seasonal activities, plus kid-friendly outdoor and indoor spaces.
Your visit to Woodland Park Zoo helps save wildlife in the Northwest and around the world, so a day out here is as good for the animals as it is for you!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Daily rentals of strollers and wheelchairs are available at Guest Services centers located inside each entrance
- All animal programs are subject to cancellation depending on the health and comfort levels of the animals as well as other mitigating factors
- Rhino Keeper Talk: daily except Thursdays at 11:00
- Tiger Gate Experience: daily except Tuesdays at 11:00
- Sloth Bear Snack: daily except Fridays at 13:30
- Ambassador Animals Program: daily throughout summer except Wednesdays at 11:30 & 14:00
Loved the gardens throughout and the shade.
Will return soon.