- Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office to get your personal printed ticket. Make sure to arrive on time for your selected timeslot
- The trains go no matter the weather, so dress accordingly
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Ride on one of the oldest and most authentically preserved narrow-gauge steam engines through the forest and learn the history as you go - the train dates back to 1890
- Travel over trestles, take in the majestic redwood groves and make your way up a winding narrow-gauge grade to the top of Bear Mountain - what amazing views!
- Meet the Sheriff on his horse and get back to nature with the whole family
Breathe in that Californian air the way thousands have done since the 19th century: from an authentic steam train! Join your conductor on a ride up Bear Mountain as he shares the history of Roaring Camp and the trains that used to haul logs down from the mountains. It's the easiest and most scenic way to see the famous redwoods, the California State Tree. Kids will love it, and so will you!
Travel through the first virgin stand of coastal redwoods ever to be protected from logging, and soak up all that Californian fresh air as you go! Chug through the forest, all the way up a winding narrow-gauge track and check out the views from the summit of Bear Mountain.
Your cheery conductor will narrate the history of Roaring Camp as you go, and you might even get to meet the Sheriff on his horse!
It might not be transporting you to Hogwarts, but this is one magical train ride you won't forget!
Santa Cruz Metro Transit Route 34, get off at the Henry Cowell Redwoods Stat Park and Felton Covered Bridge.
- Tours are offered in Diesel engine trains on weekdays from 1st of January until 31st March & from 4th November until 31st of December (except 28th of November). All other days the tours take place in steam trains
- Dogs are permitted on a leash. They might have to wear a muzzle (available on site, at the discretion of the conductor)