Tickets for San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
World-class building full of modern masterpieces
- SFMOMA is one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary art in the US - its collection includes over 33,000 works of art displayed in 170,000 square feet (16,000 m2) of galleries
- The recent (2016) Snøhetta-designed expansion has given the SFMOMA nearly 3x the gallery space it had previously, so the artworks - by Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg and many many more - on display here can breathe
- Discover the late works of surrealist painter René Magritte, displayed in a new exhibition (running until October 28th, 2018) that shows the witty Magritte as highly attuned to the paradoxes of existence
On at SFMOMA until October, Rene Magritte: The Fifth Season showcases the surrealist talents of one of the genre's most fascinating artists. René Magritte (1898–1967) balanced conviction and irony, philosophy and fantasy, highlighting the gap between what we see and what we know. Examine than 70 artworks in nine immersive, thematic galleries in a testament to Magritte's most important work from the 1940s through the 1960s.
Carla Emil and Rich Silverstein have donated countless works to the SFMOMA's collection, and this new exhibition focuses on the remarkable portraits they've gifted over the decades. With works by artists including Claude Cahun, Rineke Dijkstra, Man Ray, Cindy Sherman, and Gillian Wearing, Selves and Others traces thematic parallels across centuries, and questions the uncanny essence of the best portraiture.
Not just one of the largest museums in the US, SFMOMA is also one of its finest. Regularly rotating exhibits plus a hefty permanent collection, displayed on the seven floors of the striking Snøhetta expansion make this a museum well worth your time in San Francisco.
This San Francisco must-see is not only one of the most prestigious art collections in the US, it's also the largest museum of modern and contemporary art in the country.
Soak up works by Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Francis Bacon and many more of the art world's big names. The SFMOMA's current collection includes over 33,000 works of painting, sculpture, installation, photography, architecture, design and media arts!
There are also more than 1,100 works from the Fisher Collection, one of the world's best private collections of modern and contemporary art collected by the founders of Gap Inc.
- Admission to the collection
- Admission to temporary exhibitions
- Audio guide for iPhone
- Audio guide
- Surcharged Special Exhibition
- Show your smartphone ticket together with a valid ID at any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor • Special exhibition upgrades can be done at this time
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- BART: Montgomery St. or Powell St. stations
- Light rail & municipal buses: Mission St & 3rd St