Tickets for San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
World-class building full of modern masterpieces
- SFMOMA is one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary art in the US - its collection includes over 33,000 works of art displayed in 170,000 square feet (16,000 m2) of galleries
- The recent (2016) Snøhetta-designed expansion has given the SFMOMA nearly 3x the gallery space it had previously, so the artworks - by Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg and many many more - on display here can breathe
- See the special exhibition Side by Side: Dual Portraits of Artists (17 June – 3 December, 2017)
Not just one of the largest museums in the US, SFMOMA is also one of its finest. Regularly rotating exhibits plus a hefty permanent collection, displayed on the seven floors of the striking Snøhetta expansion make this a museum well worth your time in San Francisco.
This San Francisco must-see is not only one of the most prestigious art collections in the US, it's also the largest museum of modern and contemporary art in the country.
Soak up works by Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Francis Bacon and many more of the art world's big names. The SFMOMA's current collection includes over 33,000 works of painting, sculpture, installation, photography, architecture, design and media arts!
There are also more than 1,100 works from the Fisher Collection, one of the world's best private collections of modern and contemporary art collected by the founders of Gap Inc.
Robert Rauschenberg: Erasing the Rules (18 November 2017 - 25 March 2018)
Legendary painter and sculptor Robert Rauschenberg paved the way for the Pop Art movement. Using scavenged materials and his trademark sense of humor, he redefined what art could be for generations to come. The MoMA's latest exhibition brings together more than 150 of his most provocative pieces to celebrate the life and work of this game-changing artist.
- Admission to the collection
- Admission to all temporary exhibitions
- Audio guide for iPhone
- Audio guide
Show your smartphone ticket together with a valid ID at any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- BART: Montgomery St. or Powell St. stations
- Light rail & municipal buses: Mission St & 3rd St
The Tour Guide was asking information about the photos, rather than giving the way they were photographed.