Tickets for San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
World-class building full of modern masterpieces
- SFMOMA is one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary art in the US - its collection includes over 33,000 works of art displayed in 170,000 square feet (16,000 m2) of galleries
- The recent (2016) Snøhetta-designed expansion has given the SFMOMA nearly 3x the gallery space it had previously, so the artworks - by Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg and many many more - on display here can breathe
- See the special exhibition Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed from 24 June to 9 October (not included in this ticket, but upgrade option available upon arrival)
Not just one of the largest museums in the US, SFMOMA is also one of its finest. Regularly rotating exhibits plus a hefty permanent collection, displayed on the seven floors of the striking Snøhetta expansion make this a museum well worth your time in San Francisco.
This San Francisco must-see is not only one of the most prestigious art collections in the US, it's also the largest museum of modern and contemporary art in the country.
Soak up works by Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Jasper Johns, Francis Bacon and many more of the art world's big names. The SFMOMA's current collection includes over 33,000 works of painting, sculpture, installation, photography, architecture, design and media arts!
There are also more than 1,100 works from the Fisher Collection, one of the world's best private collections of modern and contemporary art collected by the founders of Gap Inc.
Special exhibition included in this ticket:
Side by Side: Dual Portraits of Artists (17 June – 3 December, 2017)
Based on David Hockney’s painting Shirley Goldfarb + Gregory Masurovsky (1974), this exhibition focuses on portraits of artist pairs, and looks at the relationships and psychological connections between them.
Want to upgrade when you get there? Check out this special exhibition:
Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed (24 June – 9 October, 2017)
Edvard Munch (1863–1944) was one of the most controversial yet lauded artists of his generation. See his daring artworks, learn about this tireless innovator, and see six of his paintings exhibited in the United States for the first time.
- Admission to the collection
- Admission to the Side by Side exhibition
- Audio guide for iPhone
- Audio guide
- Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed exhibition (admission fee can be paid on-site if desired)
Show your smartphone ticket together with a valid ID at any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- BART: Montgomery St. or Powell St. stations
- Light rail & municipal buses: Mission St & 3rd St