Tickets for Legion of Honor
Over over 124,000 pieces of amazing art
- Over 124,000 works of art from sculptures to European decorative arts, and see the museum's emblem, Rodin's The Thinker
- Examine two embalmed mummies on a virtual dissection table at The Future of the Past: Mummies and Medicine exhibition
- Be amazed by one of America's biggest collections of works on paper, three French period rooms, the Bowles collection of English porcelain and more!
The Legion of Honor sounds like an assembly of superheroes, but it's not. However, it is an unrivaled collection of art. See over 124,000 works of art spanning 4,000 years, from European sculpture and paintings to ancient art from the Med and Near East. Its most famous piece is Rodin's The Thinker, but there's plenty of other highlights by Degas, Monet, Rubens and more.
This neoclassical museum's huge collection of art is waiting to wow you. The setting (overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge in Lincoln Park) could hardly be more spectacular. And inside? More than 124,000 works of art! Beauty, everywhere you look.
The collection of European Decorative Arts and Sculpture includes The Thinker by Auguste Rodin - the 6-foot bronze emblem of the museum, made in the image of poet Dante. Stop by here and think about art and poetry for a while.
Other highlights include French 18th-century furniture, the Bowles collection of English porcelain, three French period rooms, and a tea table and tea service by Fabergé.
Through August 26, 2018 The Future of the Past: Mummies and Medicine exhibition has two mummies on an interactive virtual dissection table. So make sure to come here and bring your virtual dissection kit.
Your ticket also includes access to de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. De Young has a stellar collection of painting, sculpture and decorative objects.
- Access to the de Young Museum
- Access to Legion of Honor
- Access to temporary exhibitions
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: Line 18, get off at the Legion of Honor bus terminal.
I highly recommend the Legion's cafe. Above average food in a pleasant atmosphere.
Great Day. Thanks