- Find Nemo and over 2,000 species on the Philippine Coral Reef - one of the deepest exhibits of live corals in the world
- Visit 40,000 animals including free-flying birds, butterflies, and reptiles in a four-story rainforest, then head to the Natural History Museum
- See the stars in the amazing all-digital Planetarium (the largest in the world), and be awed even more by the academy's 2.5-acre living roof!
It's the largest organ in the human body – a uniquely personal, yet universal living interface that connects our inner world of experience with the outer world of physical reality. Skin is more than just a protective wrapper for our mushy insides.
This new exhibition invites you to explore the beauty and sophistication of skin through a slew of rarely seen scientific specimens and fascinating interactive experiences. Ponder upon a challenging subject that's far from black and white.
Journey from the depths of the ocean to the canopy of the jungle, and keep going all the way to the edges of the galaxy, all in one day! The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco is the world’s only aquarium, planetarium, rainforest and natural history museum all under one incredible living roof.
There's no better place to get back to nature, apparently, than in the middle of San Francisco! There are endless things to entertain and educate the whole family in The California Academy of Sciences, which is consequently world’s greenest museum.
The Philippine Coral Reef is not only home to Nemo and his buddies, it's one of the deepest live coral exhibitions on the planet! Watch 2,000 reef fish whoosh about, then go from ocean-blue to forest-green as you spiral your way up into the canopy of a ginormous four-story living rainforest.
Once you've said hi to the free-flying birds, anacondas, Amazonian piranhas, fruit bats, and over 40,000 other animals, feel the earth move under your feet as you experience the power of San Francisco’s two biggest earthquakes in the 'shake house'. Then head to the all-digital planetarium and cast your eyes and mind to galaxies far, far away.
At the family-friendly California Academy of Sciences, you'll feel like you've taken a trip around the world in one day!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Streetcar: N-Judah Muni Metro (wheelchair-accessible) to 9th Avenue and Irving Street
- Bus: Line 44 O'Shaughnessy to Tea Garden Drive
- Bus: Line 5 Fulton to 8th Avenue and Fulton Street
Fun place to visit
Lots to see