Tickets for California Academy of Sciences: Behind-the-Scenes Aquarium Tour
Learn how biologists care for 40,000 animals and see the biggest indoor reef
- Feel like a rock-star scientist with behind-the-scenes access and a one-hour guided tour of The Steinhart Aquarium
- See what the resident alligator is fed for breakfast, find out how the coral reef is cared for, and get exclusive access to rooms that only the biologists normally see
- Tour the California Academy of Sciences afterwards and see interactive exhibits, the planetarium and more!
Explore one of the most biodiverse and interactive aquariums on the planet! Get express entry into the California Academy of Sciences and a behind-the-scenes one-hour tour of the Steinhart Aquarium. Learn how the biologists care for the watery residents, see the food prep kitchen and more!
The Steinhart Aquarium at the California Academy of Sciences has been a vital part of the San Francisco scene since 1923, and here's your chance to learn the inner workings from a pro.
Learn how the biologists look after the 40,000 animals who call the aquarium home and be wowed by the colors and residents of the Philippine Coral Reef - the deepest and biggest indoor display of living corals!
Head to the food prep kitchen and see what the albino alligator Claude is getting for breakfast and check out the spaces no ordinary visitors get to see!
After the tour, stick around and explore the rest. Interactive exhibits, free-flying birds, seven unique observation stations, a planetarium and a natural history museum and more, all under one living roof!
- One-hour guided tour in English of the Aquarium
- Express entry into the building and behind-the-scenes access
- VIP entrance to the Osher Rainforest
- Express entry into the Earthquake simulator
- Reserved space in the Planetarium
- 10% discount in the Academy dining and shopping venues
- Food and beverages
- Show your smartphone ticket at the main entrance and meet your guide there
- Make sure to check in at least 10 minutes before your chosen tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Streetcar: N-Judah Muni Metro (wheelchair-accessible) to 9th Avenue and Irving Street
- Bus: Line 44 O'Shaughnessy to Tea Garden Drive
- Bus: Line 5 Fulton to 8th Avenue and Fulton Street