Tickets for California Academy of Sciences: Behind-the-Scenes Academy Tour
Explore the rarely seen regions of the Academy with exclusive VIP access
- Feel like a rock-star scientist with a one-hour behind-the-scenes guided tour
- Learn about amazing fish, bird and insect species, explore the living roof and see geology specimens in the private vault
- Step into a 90-foot-diameter glass dome teeming with rainforest activity. It's the largest of its kind in the world!
With a history spanning 160 years, the California Academy of Sciences is one of the most biodiverse and interactive aquariums on the planet! Join a VIP tour and see the research collection usually closed to the public. Step onto the living roof, uncover a dozen new animal species and be spoiled by science!
What does it take to make a comfortable home for almost 46 million animal specimens? Find out on this exclusive tour through the mostly off-limits-to-the-public regions of the California Academy of Sciences.
Spend an hour with a guide behind the scenes of this San Francisco institution and check out the vast research collections that regular visitors don't get to see!
Learn about amazing fish, bird and insect specimens to impress your friends, step onto the unique living roof and examine spectacular geology specimens in the private vault!
After the tour, stick around and explore the rest. Interactive exhibits, free-flying birds, seven unique observation stations, a planetarium and a natural history museum and more, all under one living roof!
- One-hour guided tour in English of the Academy of Science
- Express entry into the building and behind-the-scenes access
- VIP entrance to the Osher Rainforest
- Express entry into the Earthquake simulator
- Reserved space in the Planetarium
- 10% discount in the Academy dining and shopping venues
- Food and beverages
- Show your smartphone ticket at the main entrance and meet your guide there
- Make sure to check in at least 10 minutes before your chosen tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Streetcar: N-Judah Muni Metro (wheelchair-accessible) to 9th Avenue and Irving Street
- Bus: Line 44 O'Shaughnessy to Tea Garden Drive
- Bus: Line 5 Fulton to 8th Avenue and Fulton Street