Tickets for California Academy of Sciences: Behind-the-Scenes Academy Tour
Get exclusive access to this aquarium, planetarium, and natural history museum!
- Feel like a rock-star scientist with all kinds of perks, from behind-the-scenes access to a one-hour guided tour
- Step into a 90-foot-diameter glass dome teeming with rainforest activity. It's the largest of its kind in the world and whisks you to the most biodiverse places on Earth
- Check out one of the most biodiverse and interactive aquariums on the planet, home to nearly 40,000 live animals!
Explore one of the most biodiverse and interactive aquariums on the planet, with a ton of extra perks. You get express entry into the museum, behind-the-scenes access, a one-hour guided tour and much more. There's no better way to experience the California Academy of Sciences.
Uncover a dozen new animal species and seven unique observation stations at this aquarium, planetarium and natural history museum - all under one living roof!
You'll get a load of perks to make your experience even better - like a reserved space in the planetarium, and express entry into the Earthquake Simulator.
On top of that, you can play on cool interactive exhibits, see free-flying birds, golden silk orb-weaver spiders (they're cute, honest!), exotic reptiles, enormous Amazonian fish and more!
- One-hour guided tour in English of the Academy of Science or the Aquarium (depending on option chosen)
- Express entry into the building and behind-the-scenes access
- VIP entrance to the Osher Rainforest
- Express entry into the Earthquake simulator
- Reserved space in the Planetarium
- 10% discount in the Academy dining and shopping venues
- Food and beverages
- Show your smartphone ticket at the main entrance and meet your guide there
- Make sure to check in at least 10 minutes before your chosen tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Streetcar: N-Judah Muni Metro (wheelchair-accessible) to 9th Avenue and Irving Street
- Bus: Line 44 O'Shaughnessy to Tea Garden Drive
- Bus: Line 5 Fulton to 8th Avenue and Fulton Street