- See one of the most comprehensive collections of Asian art in the world in a great San Francisco location
- Explore traditional and contemporary artworks from all over Asia in its renowned collection and critically acclaimed special exhibitions
- Get inspired by the great artists, traditions and stories of Asia
Explore the art and culture of all of the major regions of Asia, from Turkey to Thailand. Discover paintings, sculptures, bronzes, ceramics, and beautiful textiles. It's also home to colorful puppets, ancient gilded Buddhas, cutting-edge contemporary works, and much more.
Founded in 1966, this museum is a cultural icon in San Francisco and a must for culture vultures and intrepid world explorers alike. While here don't miss your chance to take a selfie with the colorful Dragon Fortune sculpture on the museum’s front steps. You'll also have the chance to meet Reina the rhino and other masterpieces in the collection galleries.
Afterwards, hit up Cafe Asia, the appropriately named museum restaurant. Chef Quirino crafts inventive authentic Asian cuisine. Yum!
The museum’s latest special exhibitions are Tomb Treasures: New Discoveries from China’s Han Dynasty (until May 28, 2017) and Saints & Kings: Arts, Culture and Legacy of the Sikhs (until June 25, 2017).
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket desk.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Tuesday - Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
Bus: Any bus to Larkin St & McAllister St or McAllister St & Hyde St.