- Pedal along the beautiful coast and see San Francisco's piers, Crissy Field, and more – it's fun and great exercise!
- Watch the San Fran sunset on the 'road less traveled', biking past 17th-century monuments and sites and over the famous Golden Gate Bridge
- Take an audio tour of Alcatraz and learn about its notorious inmates and ghosts, your ferry ticket is included
Take an audio tour of Alcatraz and learn about America's most notorious criminals. Pedal past some of San Francisco's greatest monuments, and enjoy a breezy, scenic, sunset bike ride along the San Francisco coastline. Once you book your ticket, your bike ride will be scheduled for the day before. It's easy peasy!
A total of 36 prisoners made 14 escape attempts at the world-famous penitentiary. Who escaped Alcatraz and who still haunts its spooky cells? Once you learn about life on The Rock, freedom will taste even sweeter!
Approaching the golden hour, when the sun starts to dip below the horizon, you'll pedal along the coast and over the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. See the famous San Francisco piers and Crissy Field, an ex-military airfield that's now a green park abundant with nature.
Snap some photos along the bridge as you pedal the west/ocean side at sunset, when the sky settles in picture-perfect shades of purple, orange, and pink. This area is open exclusively to cyclists at this time of the day, making it totally safe, and quiet too.
- Guided bike tour (about 2-3 hours, 12 miles, English only)
- Helmet (for under-18s)
- Ferry to Alcatraz Island
- Entrance to Alcatraz and self-guided tour with an audio guide available in various languages
- Food and drinks (available on the ferry to Alcatraz Island and on Alcatraz)
- Gratuities (optional)
Guided Bike Tour:
- The date you booked is for Alcatraz and can't be amended. Your bike tour will be booked automatically the day before (unless you reschedule it)
- Go to Bay City Bike Rentals & Tours on Taylor St and show your smartphone ticket
- It starts Mar-Oct at 16:00 & Nov-Feb at 15:00. Make sure to be there 30 minutes early
- You must do this visit on the booked day
- Show your smartphone voucher and a government-issued photo ID and collect your paper tickets at the Groups Window at Pier 33. Then continue to the boarding line
- Please arrive 45 minutes before departure
- You can stay on Alcatraz as long as you like; ferries return every 30 minutes
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Alcatraz & Golden Gate Park Guided Bike Tour
This combo deal is the perfect way to spend two days in San Francisco
Alcatraz & Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Guided Bike Tour
See the sunny sights of Sausalito on a bike tour before exploring Alcatraz
Sail 'n Jail Package: Alcatraz & Catamaran Cruise on the San Francisco Bay
Sail around San Francisco Bay and enjoy a separate trip to world-famous Alcatraz