Tickets for San Diego Whale & Dolphin Watching Adventure
Get into the boat – those whales aren't going to watch themselves!
- Spot gray whales, humpback whales, fin whales, pilot whales and even orcas, as well as dolphins, sea lions, and various sea birds – bring your camera, because it's hard to keep track!
- Learn about local marine conservation and the preservation of natural ecosystems, as your journey is narrated by the ship's knowledgeable captain and experts from the San Diego History Museum
- Relax aboard your luxury yacht – get close to nature upon the viewing platforms, or enjoy some home comforts below deck, where you'll find a very well-stocked bar
Jump on board your luxury yacht and prepare for adventure and discovery on the high seas. Over 3.5 hours, you'll get the chance to spot gray whales, humpback whales, pilot whales and even orcas (officially the coolest whale) – as well as dolphins, sea lions, and a bounty of exotic sea birds. Time to set sail for a cool experience! Winter whale watch cruises featuring the Gray Whale during its migration begin on 9 December.
According to a certain newscaster, San Diego is named after a rather intimate part of a whale's anatomy. The veracity of this claim is a matter of some debate, but rest assured – you'll be seeing the entire whale (and more!) on this spellbinding aquatic adventure!
On the open water, your seasoned captain will steer around the gray whale's migration channels, giving you the best chance to spot these majestic beasts in their natural habitat. Along the way, you're bound to spy all manner of exciting aquatic fauna, including dolphins – who love to leap in and out of the ship's wake.
Your voyage is narrated by onboard experts and naturalists from the San Diego History Museum, and you'll get an exclusive insight into local conservation efforts. If you get hungry or thirsty, you'll find a fully equipped bar below deck.
So, whether you're a seasoned seadog or still getting your sea-legs, you're guaranteed to have a whale of a time!
- 3.5-hour whale watching tour
- Opportunity to spot whales, sea lions, dolphins and more
- An exclusive look at local environmental efforts
- Professional live narration in English
- Food and beverages (you can purchase hot food, drinks, and souvenirs onboard)
Show your smartphone ticket at the Hornblower ticket booth 15 minutes before departure time.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Trolley: Green Line to Santa Fe Depot or Orange Line and UC San Diego Blue Line to America Plaza
- Bus: 83, 215, 235 to Santa Fe Depot or 280, 290, 932, 992 to America Plaza
In the unlikely event that you don't spot any whales (sometimes they get shy), make sure to claim your complimentary pass – allowing you to return for more whale-watching action!
And one tiny dolphin perk up
Lots of sea lions & various birds
Enjoyed the view of the sea as always
Use sun block guys when out in the even
Weather is cooled and breezy sun rays can still burn
Très belle excursion.