Tickets for Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines Saint Petersburg
In Soviet Russia, arcade plays you
- Play over 50 Soviet-era video games in Saint Petersburg's most endearingly weird museum
- Try your hand at 1970s classics like Sea Battle, Gorodki, Snaiper-2, Highway, Rally, The Giant Turnip, Basketball, Football, Safari, Winter Hunt and many more!
- Get 15 real kopek coins to spend on the lovingly restored arcade cabinets, and you can even try a beverage from the vintage soda machine
Travel back in time to the glory days of the USSR and experience the madcap magic of Russian-produced 1970s video games in Saint Petersburg's charmingly weird Soviet Arcade Machine Museum. You'll get a fistful of real kopek coins to spend in over 50 lovingly restored arcade cabinets. Includes retro hits like Sea Battle, Gorodki, Snaiper-2, and... The Giant Turnip?
Produced behind the Iron Curtain in the 1970s, each arcade game is an homage to (or blatant rip-off of) an American counterpart. Except these mechanical tributes were produced with whatever Soviet tech the plucky engineers could get their hands on, with a liberal dose of Communist ideology sprinkled on top.
Browsing this basement museum's wares offers a fascinating glimpse of Russian life and culture during the Cold War. And that's before you've even played them! Expect the unexpected as you sink battleships, drive taxis, race horses, practice "TV Sports" and much more!
So whether you're a fan of video games, history, engineering, or just plain weirdness, there's plenty to delight and surprise in this hidden gem.
- Entrance to the museum
- 15 coins to use on the arcade games
- Photo in the antique photo booth
- Food and drinks
Scan your smartphone tickets at the entrance.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Metro to Nevsky Prospect + a 10-minute walk to the North.