- Witness changing exhibitions and an excellent permanent collection of contemporary Dutch art in a former hospital from 1787
- See the semi-permanent exhibition Applezolder: COBRA Top Pieces Collection, featuring up to 300 masterpieces
- Browse the fascinating temporary exhibitions, all included in your ticket price
Witness changing exhibitions and an excellent permanent collection of contemporary Dutch art at Stedelijk Museum Schiedam. This atmospheric art museum was, believe it or not, the St. Jacob's Hospital in the 18th and 19th centuries.
It's now home to modern and contemporary Dutch visual art, including an impressive collection of artworks from the COBRA movement - an avant-garde movement involving artists from Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands in the years between 1948 to 1951.
The semi-permanent exhibition entitled Applezolder: COBRA Top Pieces Collection holds up to 300 masterpieces from the likes of Karel Appel, Eugène Brands, Constant and Corneille and more.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: Lines A, B or C to Parkweg
- Bus: Lines 51, 54, 55, or 89 to Koemarkt
- Tram: Lines 21 or 23 to Koemarkt