- Learn all about the Netherlands' close relationship with the sea in this historic seafaring museum
- Explore six centuries of sailing, then climb aboard some nautical giants in the open-air harbor museum
- Discover a world of exploration and discovery, with hands-on interactive exhibits and the child-friendly Bright Minds Expedition
In a country that's technically underwater, navigating the sea is a pretty big deal. Rotterdam's Maritime Museum brings the port city's seafaring past, present, and future to life. As well as engaging hands-on exhibitions, the museum features an open-air harbor museum, where you can see some of history's greatest ships, then climb aboard for yourself!
The Rotterdam Maritime Museum was founded way back in 1874, and has served as a tribute to all things nautical ever since! Inside, you'll find over 850,000 artifacts, celebrating six centuries of watery history.
Its world-class collection explores the impact oceans have on our lives and showcases the many masterpieces the Dutch shipping industry has contributed to the world. You can then see some of these marine monoliths in their natural environment (the water) as you explore the giant harbor museum.
As you travel through history, you'll learn all about the forgotten stories from onboard these mighty vessels, and younger visitors can get wet and wild with Professor Splash and the Bright Minds Expedition.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Metro: Lines A, B, C, D, or E to Beurs
- Tram: Lines 8, 21, 23, 24 or 25 to Beurs
- Bus: Line 32 to Westblaak
- Water taxi to Leuvehaven
artifacts to explore..... To see everything, a full day is needed - start early!!!