Tickets for Kinderdijk: Roundtrip by Boat from Rotterdam
Visit 19 authentic windmills on a UNESCO site
- Board the sailing ship Nehalennia, built in 1908, for a fun guided cruise up the Nieuwe Maas from central Rotterdam
- Walk at your own pace about UNESCO World Heritage Site Kinderdijk and learn about the intricate systems long used by the Dutch to harness wind and stop flooding
- Enter a real mill and photograph the other 18 from as many angles as you like!
Sailing and sails, all in one day! Step on board a beautiful ship for a guided cruise up the Nieuwe Maas from Rotterdam, into UNESCO World Heritage Site Kinderdijk. Explore the collection of 19 Dutch windmills, learn about the history of harnessing wind, and return to Rotterdam truly cultured.
Sail on to 19 windmills at UNESCO World Heritage Site Kinderdijk!
Hop on board the good ship Nehalennia, built in 1908, for a leisurely cruise up the Nieuwe Maas from central Rotterdam. It'll take about 90 minutes, and you can buy drinks and snacks as you soak up the city views and skyline. Your guide will explain the highlights as you pass them, including those impressive bridges.
Once you reach Kinderdijk, walk about at your own pace and photograph the 19 windmills. Step inside a working mill, learn about the intricate system that keeps the seawater from flooding the Netherlands, and then board the Nehalennia for a relaxing cruise home.
It's escapism at its best. And if you enjoy a couple of beers on the boat, you might learn even more about the wind.
- Trip to Kinderdijk and back
- Food and beverages (available on board, cash only)
- Entrance fees for paid windmills (visit optional)
Show your smartphone ticket when boarding the ship.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: D to Leuvehaven
- Tram: 23 or 25 to Leuvehaven