- Get immersed in the epic drama of the Eternal City through a multimedia surroundscape
- Go beyond the ruins through interactive exhibits about the building of Rome’s major monuments and marvel at the feats of human genius
- Discover the ominous tale of the Castel Sant’Angelo, where the infamous Caterina Sforza defied a Pope and was imprisoned by a Borgia
Rome is built on 3,000 years of stories. Welcome to Rome is an immersive multimedia exhibit that grounds you in the city’s historical and architectural legacy. A visit here will help you get the most out of your Roman holiday.
After almost three millennia, the Eternal City has a whole heap of history jumbled together. How can you know what you’re looking at?
Welcome to Rome begins with a multimedia immersion of 50 minutes in the full narrative arc of the city. You’ll experience triumphs, fires, invasions, and waves of resurgence. You’ll leave the cinematic experience with a sense of the city’s soul, as well as its architecture.
Then the interactive building exhibits will help you see what was before you carry on sightseeing what is. From St. Peter's Basilica to the Roman Forum you'll get to know the stories behind the structures, and discover the drama that made this city the center of the world.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Bus: lines 46, 62, 64, or 916 to C.so Vittorio Emanuele/navona.
The Campo de’ Fiori market around the corner sells fresh and inexpensive produce to fortify you for your explorations.
The four stations you go to prior to that are pretty poor. They have four models of various places in Rome, and there is a robotic voiceover. As we were going to the four stations, I was pretty disappointed and thought I would rate Welcome to Rome two stars. However, my son and I really liked the video.
This is a good activity if you are in the neighborhood, but it's certainly not a must-do.