- Admire one of the masterpieces of Emperor Hadrian
- Discover how the much-loved emperor used to live
- Visit the Maritime Theater - an artificial island
- Enjoy as part of a daytrip to Tivoli
Step outside of Rome and back in time with a visit to the beautiful ruins of Emperor Hadrian’s lavish retreat. Pools, steam baths, fountains and gardens (and more).
As far as Roman Emperors go, Hadrian was one of the best. A humanist, a lover of Greek culture, and he has an impressive CV. He’s actually one of the Five Good Emperors (yes, there were only five). Also among his accomplishments is the rebuilding of the Pantheon, and the design of this beautiful villa just outside Rome.
The Villa Adriana at Tivoli combines elements of the architectural heritage of Egypt, Greece and Rome into the form of an 'ideal city'. Originally intended as a retreat, Hadrian made it his official residence around 128 AD, where he lived with his court, governing Rome from just outside the city.
Surrounded by an immense park, this complex of classical buildings is over 80 hectares and has, in addition to its ancient Roman ruins, spas and houses from the 1700s. Highlights include the Teatro Marittimo, an artificial island which was a private residence of the emperor, the Canopo, a huge rectangular pool encircled by sculptures, and the tomb - or perhaps temple - believed to have been built by Hadrian for his lover Antinous, after he drowned in Egypt.
With arcades, gardens, pools and all manner of architectural marvels, Villa Adriana is a fascinating window into the life at court of a Roman emperor, or even simply the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Rome, in an environment charged with ancient fascination.
- Entrance ticket to Villa Adriana
- Unlimited time inside the Villa Adriana
- Dedicated ticket exchange service
- Audio guide in English, Italian, French, German and Spanish
- Swap your smartphone voucher at the ticket office for a paper ticket and an audio guide between 10:00 and 90 minutes before closing. In case of delay, there'll be no refund
- The ticket allows you to visit the Villa Adriana and is valid for the day of issue
- Present the tickets and your ID/Passport at the ticket office entrance at the Villa Adriana
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro B: Ponte Mammolo station and Co.tral bus Via Prenestina direction
- Bus: Co.Tral bus, Via Tiburtina direction (it stops 1km away from the site); Tivoli direction / A24 highway (1km away from the site)
- Train: to Station Tivoli, from there bus 4 CAT + 300m walking