Tickets for Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Last Minute Tickets
- Discover the treasures of the Renaissance in the Vatican Museums, formerly the Pope's private art collection
- See the amazing Sistine Chapel, home to Michelangelo's famous frescoes, at your leisure
- Get assistance with the mandatory security procedures before being escorted to the museums
From two world wars up to the advent of the nuclear age, the greatest artists of the recent centuries lived through some turbulent times. Occasionally, they reflected on events by returning to biblical themes – albeit drenched in Impressionism, Cubism, Surrealism, or Postmodernism.
With this exhibition, you can unravel this new spirituality by browsing some 150 works. These are mostly unpublished masterpieces of graphic art, drawings, paintings, and sculptures by Edvard Munch, Paul Klee, Otto Dix, Max Ernst, Marc Chagall, Joan Miró, Henri Matisse, and many more notable contemporaries.
These works are part of a larger collection spanning 4,000 pieces, usually tucked away in the crevasses of the museum's storage. It was amassed by Pope Paul VI in an effort to reconnect the historical link between art and the church.
VIP treatment at the Vatican Museums – it's no longer only for the Pope! Join your escort near the museums and get a hand with the check-in procedure. You'll be taken swiftly into the venue (past the long lines) to discover the Sistine Chapel at your leisure.
Getting into the Vatican Museums can be confusing and stressful. This ticket turns it into a comfortable experience. Meet your knowledgeable and friendly escort close to the museums, and you'll be assisted through security, hassle-free.
Once inside, explore this mind-blowing collection of Renaissance art, and its crowning glory, the Sistine Chapel, in your own time. See Michelangelo's handiwork. And along the way, take in Raphael's School of Athens, the Hall of Tapestries, the Map Room, and so much more.
- Last admission at 16:00
- Metro: Line A, get off at Ottaviano
- Bus: Line 40, get off at Traspontina/Conciliazione
- Cancellation may be available depending on your ticket selection
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Go to the Touristation office (point 1 on the map), look for the Tiqets sign at the entrance and meet your escort there
- Show your smartphone ticket to the representative, who will then take you to the Vatican Museums and help you get inside. Make sure to be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before your booked timeslot
Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line
Michelangelo’s breathtaking frescoes and incredible artwork
Best of Rome: Vatican, Colosseum & St Peter's Basilica Pass
One easy pass for the best of Rome: Vatican, Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica