- Immerse yourself in the history of Rome with your expert, English-speaking guide
- Explore the Vatican Museums and wonder at the Sistine Chapel, including Michelangelo's world-famous ceiling
- Transport yourself to the time of man vs. beast encounters in the astounding Colosseum and discover the Eternal City's rich traditions at Palatine Hill
Unsurprisingly, Rome's Vatican and Colosseum are two of the most popular tourist attractions in Europe. You'll want to make sure you're not spending precious holiday hours in sweaty queues – and we've got just the ticket.
The only one-day tour to include both the Vatican and the Colosseum, this all-encompassing, expertly guided Roman ramble includes the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill without the long waits.
First stop, the famous artworks housed at the Vatican Museum. Stand in wonder beneath Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling, look around the Raphael Rooms and pore over ancient sculptures, medieval maps and pristine paintings.
The Chapel's eye-widening frescoes are brushed with hidden secrets. Luckily, your English-speaking guide knows all about 16th-century art, and will be happy to reveal the hidden details.
Next up is St Peter's Basilica and some more masterpiece hunting. Check out Michelangelo's Pietà and the grandiose dome, one of the largest on Earth. After lunch and some respite from renaissance triumphs, it's time to head to the Colosseum.
Rome's ancient arena played host to gruesome battles, and your guide will enlighten you with all the facts and details concerning this wonder of Roman architecture, which formerly held up to 50,000 people.
Allegedly raised by wolves, Romulus is said to have founded Rome at Palatine Hill. The story of the Eternal City's beginnings may or may not be historically accurate, but the tales you'll hear about ancient aristocrats growling at each other in the Roman Forum – the political and economic heart of the empire – certainly are.
- Go to the meeting point and show your smartphone voucher to the coordinators with blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition
- Vatican Museums Meeting Point: at the bottom of the steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi
- Colosseum Meeting Point: Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo"
- Please make sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour starts and plan enough time to travel from one venue to the other
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
From 1st April to the 26th October the duration of the tour is 9h, the rest of the year is 7.5h.
Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line
Michelangelo’s breathtaking frescoes and incredible artwork
Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Last Minute Tickets
Escorted entrance into two of Rome's finest buildings
Best of Rome: Vatican, Colosseum & St Peter's Basilica Pass
One easy pass for the best of Rome: Vatican, Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica
Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica: Skip The Line + Guided Tour
Tour the amazing Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
Vatican Museums: Skip The Line + Guided Tour
A two-hour guided tour of art and history in the Vatican Museums