- Picture over 3,000 Romans socializing, scrubbing, and swimming around this massive public complex
- Get a glimpse into ancient life by visiting an institution that lasted for centuries, right up until the Goths invaded
- Browse a collection of fascinating epigraphs spanning from the 8th century BC to the 4th century AD
These ruins were once the largest thermal bathing facility in ancient Rome. Coming here was about more than just relaxing and getting clean. It was an important place for socializing, discussing politics, plotting, gossiping, and getting fit.
Imagine yourself as an ancient Roman roaming the rooms of this massive complex, built between 298-306 AD – or fighting to defend it against the invading Goths.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office
- On the next day, you can go to the Touristation office at Piazza d'Aracoeli, 16 and show the confirmation email received with your ticket to watch the Ancient Rome multimedia video (available daily from 9:00 to 18:00)
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
You can continue the time-traveling adventure by watching a short 3D film at the meeting point after the tour. Showing what the Colosseum, Underground Rome, Pantheon, and the Circus Maximus looked like during their heyday, the film will give a real sense of the living, breathing history that is contained within these remarkable remnants of the ancient world.