St. Peter's Basilica: Selfguided Tour + Dedicated Entrance
Priceless artworks in Christianity's most iconic shrine
- Get dedicated entrance to St. Peter's Basilica and enjoy more time at the Pope's home church (it's one of the biggest churches in the world!)
- The downloadable audio guide (available in 11 languages) will draw your attention to the most important aspects and explain the remarkable history of this building
- The interior contains Michelangelo's Pietá, Bernini's Baldecchino, a collection of priceless mosaics, and more
With fast-track access to St. Peter's Basilica, you can cruise past the masses in the notoriously long queues and get right to the heart of one of the most revered shrines in Christianity. See Michelangelo's Pietà, Bernini's Baldacchino, and more priceless works. Your audio guide will tell you all about the history of the area, the modern-day Vatican, and the architecture of this epic church as you wander through it, with your jaw hanging open.
Meet an official representative of the St. Peter's Basilica on St. Peter’s Square and head with them to a dedicated fast-track entrance line. This sweet little bonus will save you up to two hours of waiting in a line for one of Rome's most significant sites.
The Renaissance-style St. Peter's Basilica is one of the largest churches in the world. Over its 120-year-long construction many top architects (including Michelangelo and Raphael) added personal flourishes. Michelangelo, for instance, added the dome - to this day the biggest in the world!
Highlights of a visit here include Bernini's Baldacchino (the centerpiece of the church), Michelangelo's Pietà (the only artwork he ever signed), and the aforementioned dome. And of course: seeing St. Peter's Square and the city of Rome from the front steps is a view you'll never forget.
Note: We also have tickets for the tour of the Basilica + Mosaic School!
- Official downloadable audio guide in one of the 11 available languages
- Fast-track through the security check
- Downloadable digital map of Rome
- Basilica entrance ticket (entrance to the church is free)
- Earphones (bring your own or purchase them at the desk for €1 each)
- Access to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter's Dome
- Go to the meeting point, as pictured on the ticket
- Show your smartphone ticket to the representative, who will also give you a QR code for the audio guide
- If you book the 08:45 timeslot, go to the meeting point between 08:45 and 10:00. If you book 10:00, go between 10:00-13:00. If you book 13:00, go between 13:00-15:00. If you book 15:00, go between 15:00-17:00
- The meeting point is located (as you face the Basilica) on the right-hand side of the square, outside the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office. The representatives will be waiting for you there, wearing blue vests with the Vox Mundi logo
- For emergencies, call +39 348 485 2868/+39 06 69883229
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
A little confusing as to where we had to go after we had got through.
Once we received what we needed, the tour was great.