- Go underground and explore the ancient Roman necropolis, which holds the remains of the apostle Saint Peter
- Enjoy a special tour above and below, led by the official Vatican guides
- Explore the rest of the Basilica, which contains many priceless masterpieces by Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael, and more
Skip the lines and lose yourself in the majesty of one of the world's grandest churches, then head underground for a tour of its cavernous burial chambers. This is where the remains of Saint Peter himself are buried. In the basilica proper you'll see priceless masterpieces by Michelangelo, Bernini and Raphael, and enjoy amazing views of St Peter's Square and more.
This guided tour takes you 10m below St. Peter's Basilica, the home church of the pope, and into the heart of the sacred necropolis.
This ancient Roman burial site holds graves dating back to the first century! As you peer around its corners, you'll learn all about early Christianity and get to see the final resting place of 'the rock' Saint Peter himself.
When you return to the land of the living, you can enjoy the rest of the basilica at your own pace. St. Peter's Basilica is filled with priceless artistic masterpieces and jaw-dropping Baroque architectural adornments.
And, the dome, designed by Michelangelo, fills the church with light and a suitably reverent atmosphere.
You could easily spend a whole day basking in the glory of this monument!
- Timed entrance to St Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Necropolis
- English guided tour of St Peter's Basilica with an official Vatican guide
- English guided tour of the Necropolis with an official Vatican guide
- Access to the Cupola
- Go to the meeting point and show your digital voucher to the staff member
- Please make sure to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of St Peter's Square, outside the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office. Please refer to the illustration on your voucher!
- The representatives will be waiting for you there, wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it
- In case of emergency, please call +39 348 485 2868
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line A to Ottaviano + a 10-minute walk
- Tram: Line 19 to Risorgimento / Porta Angelica + a 5-minute walk
- Bus: Line 40 to Traspontina / Conciliazione + a 5-minute walk
Jesus said, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church". Peter means rock, and St Peter's Basilica is built upon the grave of St. Peter himself - making him the literal rock this church was built on!
De rond leiding is erg goed georganiseerd de gids had alle tijd en wist alle vragen te beantwoorden