Tickets for St Peter's Basilica + Necropolis
Explore St Peter's Basilica and venture into its sacred necropolis
- Go underground and explore the ancient Roman necropolis, which holds the remains of the apostle Saint Peter
- Enjoy a special tour above and below, led by the official Vatican guides
- Explore the rest of the Basilica, which contains many priceless masterpieces by Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael, and more
Skip the lines and lose yourself in the majesty of one of the world's grandest churches, and head underground for a tour of its cavernous burial chambers. This is where the remains of Saint Peter himself are buried. In the basilica proper you'll see priceless masterpieces by Michelangelo, Bernini and Raphael, and enjoy amazing views of St Peter's Square and more.
Saint Peter was officially Jesus's best pal, and he gets a suitably holy treatment in the magnificent Renaissance church that was built in his honor. With its giant Michelangelo-designed dome, it dominates the Rome skyline – and now's your chance to explore this iconic landmark like never before.
Your guided tour takes you 10 meters below ground, into the heart of the sacred necropolis. This ancient Roman burial site holds graves dating back to the first century! As you peer around its corners, you'll learn all about early Christianity and get to see the final resting place of Saint Peter himself.
When you return to the land of the living, you can enjoy the rest of the basilica at your own pace. The church is filled with priceless art and architectural adornments. You could easily spend a whole day soaking in its incredible Renaissance stylings.
- Timed entrance to St Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Necropolis
- English guided tour of St Peter's Basilica with an official Vatican guide
- English guided tour of the Necropolis with an official Vatican guide
- Access to the Cupola
- Go to the meeting point and show your digital voucher to the staff member
- Please make sure to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of St Peter's Square, outside the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office. Please refer to the illustration on your voucher!
- The representatives will be waiting for you there, wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it
- In case of emergency, please call +39 348 485 2868
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line A to Ottaviano + a 10-minute walk
- Tram: Line 19 to Risorgimento / Porta Angelica + a 5-minute walk
- Bus: Line 40 to Traspontina / Conciliazione + a 5-minute walk
Jesus said, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church". Peter means rock, and St Peter's Basilica is built upon the grave of St. Peter himself - making him the literal rock this church was built on!